All Students must attend school every day. Students are expected to:
- Attend school every day except when ill.
- Attend every class on time.
- Provide a doctor’s note for absences that are longer than three days.
Parents; the following information is required when reporting an absence:
Report absences to the attendance line at (323) 887-3090 Ext. 4173
- Student Name and ID number
- Date of Absence(s)
- Reason for Absence
- Name of parent/guardian reporting absence
Alphabetical break down by last name:
- A-I, ext. 6629
- J-S, ext. 6610
- T-Z, ext. 6624
- General attendance info, ext. 4173
Tardies will be monitored electronically on a daily basis every period. Please note the following consequences:
- 1st-7th Tardy = Warning.
- 8th Tardy = Parent letter
- 9th Tardy = Detention
- 10th Tardy = Saturday School
- 11th Tardy = Student Success Team meeting with parent and student
- Failure to comply to comply with consequences noted above will result in further disciplinary action, including, but not limited to restricted participation in school activities.
Truancy is defined as any absence from school or class without permission. Any of the following will be considered class truancy AND MAY BE CITED BY POLICE:
- Failing to attend class and not having a valid excuse.
- Leaving any class under false pretenses.
- Leaving a class or school grounds without permission.
- Being reported by staff member on campus during an all-day absence.
- 15 or more minutes late to class.
- Loitering on campus during instructional time.
- Unexcused absences are considered Truants and will be dealt with accordingly.
Permission to Leave School
Permission to leave during school hours:
Permission to leave school before the close of the instructional day may be obtained from the Attendance Office.
- Only parents, guardians, or people listed on the emergency card can request a permit to leave campus.
- Parents, guardians or persons listed on the emergency card MUST come to the office and present their valid identification card.
- No student will be allowed to walk home without parental consent.
- Phone calls: Phone messages from the parent/guardian will be taken for emergencies only.
- Schurr High School is a closed campus.